The drone laws of Germany are a bit more strict compared to the other countries. For any drones or model air crafts that weight more than 0.25 kg would require a fireproof label with the name and address of the owner.
You’ll also need a pilot license or any similar certificate from any agency recognized by the Federal Aviation's office which would be valid for 5 years. A certificate will not be necessary if you plan to fly your drone in a model airplane airfield.
You will also need authorization to fly which is granted by the relevant state aviation authority and usually valid for two years for:
- Drones or model aircraft weighing more than five kilograms;
- Rocket-powered drones and model air crafts whose propellant mass exceeds 20 grams;
- Drones and model aircraft with a combustion engine, if they are flown within 1.5 kilometers of a residential area;
- Drones and model aircraft of all kinds if they are flown within 1.5 kilometers of an airport (flight at airports requires an additional clearance from German Aviation Control); and
- Drones and model aircraft of all kinds if flown at “night,”
- Within 100 meters of or above people and public gatherings, the scene of an accident, disaster zones, other sites of operation of police or other organizations with security-related duties, and military drill sites;
- Within 100 meters of or above correctional facilities, military complexes, industrial complexes, power plants, and power generation and distribution facilities;
- Within 100 meters of or above the property of federal or state governments, diplomatic or consular missions, international organizations, and law enforcement and security agencies;
- Within 100 meters of or above federal highways, federal waterways, and railway systems;
- Above nature reserves;
- Above 100 meters;
- Above residential property if the drone or model aircraft weighs more than 0.25 kilograms or if it is able to receive, transmit, or record optical, acoustic, or radio signals;
- In controlled airspace;
- To transport explosives, pyrotechnic articles, radioactive materials, or hazardous materials; or
- Within 100 meters of or above hospitals.